7 August 2017
Singapore Fixed Income Indices (SFI) Weekly – 7 August 2017
Key highlights for the week ending 4 August 2017
· Last week, the SFI edged down 0.04%, while the equity market, as measured by the STI, lost 0.13%.
· YTD, the SFI has underperformed the STI by 11.54% (3.93% vs. 15.47%).
· Gains in the Corporate Bond segment were outweighed by losses from Government Bonds.
· Sub-indices across the corporate bond segment rose across the board. The SFI Financial Bond Index gained the most, ending the week 0.15% higher.
· The SFI was rebalanced last Tuesday, 1 August 2017 – two new issuances were added to the suite.
· The SGD weakened against the USD, down 0.28% last week. YTD, the SGD has appreciated 5.80% against the USD.