21 August 2017
Singapore Fixed Income Indices (SFI) Weekly – 21 August 2017
Key highlights for the week ending 18 August 2017
· Last week, the SFI lost 0.17%, while the equity market, as measured by the STI, decreased 0.85%.
· YTD, the SFI has underperformed the STI by 8.87% (4.02% vs. 12.89%).
· The decrease in the SFI was largely caused by a 0.22% decline in the SFI Government Bond Index; the SFI Corporate Bond Index closed 0.09% lower.
· Within the corporate bond segment, the SFI Financial Bond Index was the only gainer, closing the week 0.03% higher; the SFI Industrial Bond Index and SFI Statutory Board Bond Index lost 0.20% and 0.14% respectively.
· Across the board, long-dated bonds continued to outperform short-term bonds. YTD, the SFI 10+ Year Bond Index is up 6.45%, compared to 1.74% by the SFI 1-3 Year Bond Index.
· The SGD weakened against the USD, down 0.095% last week. YTD, the SGD has appreciated 5.63% against the USD.
Source: Thomson Reuters Datastream (data as of 21 August 2017)
1Performance is measured on a price return basis for the Straits Times Index.
Did you know?
The TR/SGX SFI has been selected as the recommended Singapore fixed income benchmark by United Overseas Bank (UOB) following the discontinuation of the UOB SGS Index in June 2017. To find out more about the SFI and access the index resources, please visit the SFI webpage at www.sgx.com/sfi.
If you require any further information regarding the SFI, please contact email@example.com.